An integrated eCommerce, digital and blockchain based technology.
For Australian Merino growers, MyOrigins provides data collection and management tools in the form of an Android smartphone app. We’ll even supply the phone!
For brands, MyOrigins provides the opportunity to connect directly with growers and provide consumers with confidence in the ethical production of their goods.
For consumers, MyOrigins provides a trusted traceability platform that allows them to connect with the grower responsible for the fibre in their goods.
Our subscribers share a commitment to treating their animals and land with respect by leveraging a high standard for the wool industry, the Responsible Wool Standard (RWS).
At one level, this involves certification and compliance with the RWS with a regular cycle of third party auditing.
At another level, it simply means taking care to ensure that their sheep are happy and healthy, and progressive methods of land management are practiced, protecting soil health, biodiversity and native species.
Simply click on the Subscribe Now link at the bottom of any page and complete your registration online. One of our friendly team members will attend to your enquiry as soon as possible.
We will also be in touch to issue you your new Android Smartphone to help capture the various elements of data required to meet the requirements of the Responsible Wool Standard.
Paid-up MyOrigins subscribers will be entitled to the following benefits:
- MyOrigins AgTech platform, to record, access and manage your on-farm data aligned to meeting the RWS and other industry standards;
- MyOrigins social media platforms, to share and celebrate industry achievements and stories;
- Commercial activities, engaged by MyOrigins to further the Australian Merino wool industry; and
- Shared ownership in the MyOrigins platform (members of Australian Ethical Merino Growers Cooperative Ltd (“Co-Op”) only). All Co-Op members have a shared ownership in the MyOrigins platform.
As the MyOrigins platform expands to cover additional supply chains, commercial opportunities will become evident for suppling like-minded, premium brands with ethical, traceable fibre.
Annual Subscription fee:
- AEMG Co-Op Members $125.00 (excl GST) – paid on the anniversary date of joining the Co-Op;
- Independent Growers $275.00 (excl GST) – paid on the anniversary date of joining MyOrigins;
- Wool Industry Membership Bodies $195.00 (excl GST) – paid on the anniversary date of joining MyOrigins, (only applies to bodies that are not already a member of the Co-Op).
Wool processors and brands are currently being approached to determine their requirements for traceability, data management and new functionality.
MyOrigins is currently sourcing the best people to form the MyOrigins Advisory Board. Positions filled and created are as follows:
- Andrew Ross, Managing Director
- Airlie Trescowthick, Independent Director
- Director Sustainability, TBA
- Director Technology, TBA
- AEMG Co-Op Director, TBA
To find out more about our officeholders, feel free to contact us.
Backed by blockchain technology, the MyOrigins platform enables consumers to trace their products to the source of origin.
This traceability feature creates an opportunity for growers to be part of a brand new “Single Source Fibre” market, in which final products are wholly-made from fibres grown at a single farm location. This greatly increases the value proposition and educates consumers about the origins of their products.
By reducing the number of intermediaries, growers are given a voice as to how their fibre is sold and marketed beyond the farm gate. Growers also enjoy the immense professional and personal satisfaction of seeing their own fibres transformed into some of the finest products in the world.
Any worthwhile opportunity for delivering increased value to subscribers will be collectively explored with commercial partners and brands.
All data entered into the MyOrigins platform supplied by growers is owned by the growers and will not under any circumstance shared with third parties.
As additional data sources are added to the platform in terms of climate, soil moisture, environmental, carbon management, animal movements, genetics and other third party platform sources the value of this data will increase significantly.
As commercial approaches are made to MyOrigins all requests to access and share data will be communicated with the subscribers for evaluation especially from Processors and Brands.
Upon leaving the MyOrigins platform growers are entitled to receive a free download of their data in an industry standard based format.